Affiliate Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase an item we recommend, we may get a small commission. Please read our full disclosure policy here for more details.
The Escort Solo S3 Cordless Radar Detector is presently among the most in-demand radar detectors in the market. The product became a popular option for most buyers since it comes with a compact, lightweight, and very functional design.
In addition to that, it hosts a lot of useful features such as longer radar range protection, uncompromised laser protection, and a high-resolution graphic display. Finally, the Solo S3 is admired for the cordless convenience it provides.
Compared to conventional detectors, this consumes less power and has a programmable AutoPower feature that enables it to turn off when not in use and conserve battery automatically.
- Has dimensions of 5.2×2.9×1.2 inches
- Weighs about 1.1 pounds
- Comes with a sleek and cordless design
- Powered by 2 AA batteries
- Offers long-range radar warning on all bands of radar, including the K-band, X-band, and the Superwide Ka-band
- Comes with the Digital Signal Processing feature that reduces false alarms
- Makes use of low-noise laser sensors responsible for longer range warning and a wider field of view against lasers
- Equipped with 9 different features that are user-programmable
- Features a High-Resolution Graphic Display
- Provides clear messages for every laser, radar, and SWS signal detected
- Provides information about the strength of the signal it detects via the bar-graph and expert meter
- Supplies unique visual and audible alerts when it detects signals from Safety Warning Signals
- Compact and lightweight
- Made of durable materials
- Very portable and can be conveniently taken on the go
- Comes with a sleek, decent, and user-friendly design
- Cordless and power-efficient
- Works well with all radar bands
- Provides longer range warning and a wider field of view against laser encounters
- Has DSP that effectively eliminates false alarms
- Has 9 highly customizable features
- Stores the user’s preferred settings when turned off or when the battery is replaced
- Comes with a very clear OLED display
- Measures the strength of signals detected
- Sold along with a 1-year limited warranty
- Product availability is quite limited
- Sold at a relatively higher price
- Might not be available for international shipping
Although it is sold at a relatively higher price, many buyers still prefer to go for the Escort Solo S3 Cordless Radar Detector since it offers a long list of useful standard features.
First off, it comes with a sleek, portable, and very user-friendly design. Second, it has a cordless design and uses 2 AA batteries as a power source, making it an ideal option for individuals who are fond of rental cars but don’t want to get into trouble with speed enforcers.
Finally, the Solo S3 is capable of detecting all laser and radar bands and providing its user with fast and accurate signal warnings.
Aside from the Escort Solo S3 Cordless Radar Detector, other products, particularly the Beltronics RX65-Red Professional Series Radar Detector and the Cobra Electronics DSP9200BT Radar Detector, are also considered to be among the most favored options.
This is because both products are very reliable and efficiently detect all the existing radars and lasers within their range. These are also loaded with features that enable their users to use them against the potential threats from speed enforcers conveniently.
The Beltronics RX65-Red Professional Series Radar Detector is presently sold with dimensions of 6.5x11x2 inches and weighs almost 2 pounds. Many buyers purchase this because it can detect several radar bands, particularly the K, X, Safety Warning System, and the SuperWide Ka.
In addition to that, the RX65 provides the needed laser detection function in the front and rear. It is also equipped with the Digital Signal Processing mechanism, enabling the device to provide longer range capability and significantly reducing false alarms.
The Cobra Electronics DSP9200BT Radar Detector is constructed with dimensions 3.4 x 2.3 x 1.1 inches and a weight of 8 ounces. It is presently considered as Cobra’s most advanced radar detector.
The device is designed to detect all laser guns, cameras, and radars. It is equipped with the Digital Signal Processing feature that lessens the number of false alarms and is backed by its powerful servers.
On top of that, the DSP9200B uses Cobra’s free iRadar app that allows it to provide the user with real-time alerts regarding the upcoming speed and red-light cameras.
A quick look at the features of the radar detectors discussed above clearly reveals that the Escort Solo S3 Cordless Radar Detector is definitely the best option among the three.
The Solo S3 comes with more useful features, power-efficient, and has a cordless design. The Beltronics RX65-Red Professional Series Radar Detector can be considered as the second-best option since it provides most of the features found on the Solo S3 minus the cordless layout and a relatively higher price.
The Cobra Electronics DSP9200BT Radar Detector gets the third best spot by bundling all the generic features that a good radar detector is expected to provide at a lower price.